At Cuvva we’re building insurance the way it should be.
No more lengthy forms. No more waiting on hold. No more ‘computer says no’ attitude.
We’ve gone back to basics to build products that actually work for the customer.
We are super focused on creating a friendly, simple and hassle-free customer experience.
Don’t just take our word for it - check out our website (https://www.cuvva.com), click on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and chat to one of the team.
About the Cuvva Team
We get it. Insurance isn’t traditionally considered exciting. At Cuvva we’re changing insurance and we are looking for people who find that as exciting as we do.
We're building a diverse team and we welcome people with different types of experience and outlooks.
You’ll really thrive at Cuvva if you have a ‘can do’ approach, are willing to try your hand at different things, have ideas and show initiative.
Cuvva is scaling rapidly (we are currently a team of 60 🚀) and we are actively looking for our first Platform/DevOps Engineer to formalise our internal system practices, including automation and documentation. You will take the ownership of maintaining our current infrastructure, continuous integration/delivery systems and plan and perform modernisation.
In this role you will:
- Automating of operational tasks in the testing and release process
- Ownership over the configuration management tools and strategy
- Help us move faster
- Familiarity with containerisation
- Experience with a few programming languages
- Experience with configuration management
- Knowledge of or experience with AWS (primarily EC2, Lambda and RDS)
- Familiar with DevOps methodologies and positioning
- Understanding of fundamental technologies such as TCP/IP and Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- History as a Software Engineer
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
As well as a competitive salary (£75k-£100k), dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Working in our dog friendly 🐕❤️offices in London
- Professional development budget
- Health and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- Workplace pension scheme
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Breakfast club on Fridays
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- Volunteer day off
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office ☕️
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday 🍻
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night) 🎤
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)