Frontend Engineer (mid-senior)
At Cuvva we’re building insurance the way it should be.
No more lengthy forms. No more waiting on hold. No more ‘computer says no’ attitude.
We’ve gone back to basics to build products that actually work for the customer.
We are super focused on creating a friendly, simple and hassle-free customer experience.
Don’t just take our word for it - check out our website (https://www.cuvva.com), click on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and chat to one of the team.
About the Cuvva team
We get it. Insurance isn’t traditionally considered exciting. At Cuvva we’re changing insurance and we are looking for people who find that as exciting as we do.
We're building a diverse team and we welcome people with different types of experience and outlooks.
You’ll really thrive at Cuvva if you have a ‘can do’ approach, are willing to try your hand at different things, have ideas and show initiative.
We're looking for a mid to senior front-end software engineers who have worked in engineering teams within high-growh, high-scale startups, who will operate with a high level of autonomy. You must care deeply about building applications with well thought out architecture, and a very keen eye for detail and precision.
You will be building applications against Cuvva's core platform. This will involve building applications for both customers to access and use Cuvva on the web - as well as internal tooling, empowering our employee's to do their jobs more efficiently.
The perfect addition to our team will have:
- ability to work independently and/or in multi-disciplinary teams
- 3+ years' commercial experience working on front-end systems at high-scale startups
- 2+ years' of commercial experience working with React (experience with Redux is preferable)
- awareness of compliance and financial regulation
We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only highly technically competent, but also a great cultural fit!
N.B. You must have permission to work in the UK
As well as a competitive salary (£55-65k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Working in our dog friendly 🐕❤️offices in London
- Professional development budget
- Health and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- Workplace pension scheme
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Breakfast club on Fridays
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- Volunteer day off
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office ☕️
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday 🍻
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night) 🎤
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)