Customer Operations (Overnight)
At Cuvva we’re building insurance the way it should be.
No more lengthy forms. No more waiting on hold. No more ‘computer says no’ attitude.
We’ve gone back to basics to build products that actually work for the customer.
We are super focused on creating a friendly, simple and hassle-free customer experience.
Don’t just take our word for it - check out our website, click on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and chat to one of the team.
About the Cuvva Team
We get it. Insurance isn’t traditionally considered exciting. At Cuvva we’re changing insurance and we are looking for people who find that as exciting as we do.
We're building a diverse team and we welcome people with different types of experience and outlooks.
You will really thrive at Cuvva if you have a ‘can do’ approach, are willing to try your hand at different things, have ideas and show initiative.
You will be a pivotal part in many aspects of Customer Operations. You will be assisting users by resolving their questions and issues at a relatively fast-pace (currently, our average response time is 1 minute).These should be approached in an empathetic manner, by utilising the training resources and knowledge base you have to hand, in order to provide assistance, assurance or a solution.
You’ll need to be a detective at times. We’re always looking for new ways to define problems or provide solutions by investigating what the root cause might be.Your ideas have an impact on how we can change the product to fit the customers’ needs.
Alongside online customer support, you will also be responsible for verifying identity documents and investigating potentially fraudulent activity, so a keen eye for detail is very valuable.
This can be a part-time or full-time role. We are looking for someone who would prefer to predominantly work between the hours of 10pm-6am, including weekend shifts. Office-based training and activities will be organised regularly, in order to provide opportunities to keep up to speed on changes and announcements throughout the company. Attendance at our quarterly ‘All Hands’ in the office is also essential.
All initial training will take place over a 3 week period in our office in London between 10am-6pm, from Monday-Friday (this can be flexible, depending on your availability). Following this, the vast majority of shifts will be done remotely.
Please bear in mind that you must have permission to work in the UK and you should be fluent in written and spoken English.
- You are alert and focused to ensure our users are provided with swift and informative assistance
- You are independent and confident in communicating with the wider team
- You have tons of empathy and understanding. This impacts on interactions with customers, your team and the wider company.
- You are calm under pressure. Unhappy users can often be turned around with assistance and reassurance.
- You are willing to take on all manners of work and collaborate with the wider team
- You take the initiative to explore potential projects, work autonomously on specific tasks and take ownership in carrying them through to the end
- You continually suggest ways to deliver a phenomenal service
- You have a real drive and enthusiasm to work for a young and dynamic tech company
- Working in our dog friendly 🐕❤️offices in London
- Professional development budget
- Health and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- Workplace pension scheme
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Breakfast club on Fridays
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- Volunteer day off
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office ☕️
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday 🍻
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night) 🎤
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)
Full time: 25k p.a. + share options (45 hours per week)
Part time: £11 an hour (minimum of 17 hours a week)