At Cuvva, we know that insurance is broken. It is inflexible, unfair, and ultimately doesn’t work for the customer. So our founders, Freddy and James, decided to make an insurance product that put the customer first. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors. We have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. Cuvva was the first company to sell insurance by the hour, and the first company to sell it through an app.
We are passionate about our customers, about fixing insurance, and about working as a team to create incredible products that make insurance simple. We know no one will ever love insurance, but we can make it suck less.
As a tech-driven startup, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B.
Based in Shoreditch, we're a well-funded Techstars alum with significant traction; hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves on a short-term basis.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days). We have become one of the largest players in the short-term car insurance market, and are now looking to expand into different verticals.
We are looking for a senior PR to help raise Cuvva’s profile in the UK media and launch our new Travel insurance product in the new year. Initially this a contract role but there is the potential for the role to go permanent. The right candidate should see the huge potential opportunity this role has to shape our identity across B2C and B2B channels.
- You will be tasked with planning and launching our new travel product to UK consumer media and ensuring we achieve significant cut through via the launch.
- During the launch phase you will also be responsible for telling our story; our mission, who we are for and the founders.
- On a day to day basis, you will focus on devising and executing the launch strategy for travel but you will also need to prime journalist ahead of the launch.
- Experience of a technology business, either in-house or agency side at a mid to senior level.
- Strong track record of outstanding media placements and storytelling with journalists with specific examples. Launch campaigns a bonus.
- A thorough understanding of how PR ‘works’ in the real world.
- Experience working directly with journalists and a black book of contacts that you can rely on.
- Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to communicate complex/dry subject matter in a simple and compelling way.
- Confident and high energy, quick. You need to be ‘on it’.
- Be a highly passionate, self starting individual. You are someone who builds relationships and rapport effortlessly.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a start-up business running PR/communications.
- A strong track record launching new financial products.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry.
As well as a competitive salary, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Working in our new (dog-friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
- Monthly team outings
- Personal development budget
- Brand new MacBook Pro
- Cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸