Ever thought the premium you pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. We're using it to change the way people buy and use cover, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B. It's all about providing insurance that fits.
As a tech-driven company, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about borrowing a car.
We're a fintech startup with significant traction, sustaining 30% Month on Month growth. We’re seed-funded (£2.1m to date) and a Techstars alum. Hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves for the short and long term.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days) and we now have a subscription product that separates car ownership from driving. We are also looking to expand into different markets next year.
We are looking for a talented and motivated data analyst who will raise our game and keep us on top. We have a generous share option scheme as we believe that everyone within the company should share in the success they help build.
We want to hire a Data Analyst of a mathematical or analytical background to assist primarily marketing with the information they need to make decisions. We intend for them also to be a resource for the whole company, deriving insights from the wealth of data we already have or expect to have access to.
- Work closely with data engineer and the marketing team
- Take charge of regular reporting
- Take charge of building/maintaining company dashboards
- Joint responsibility for maintaining internal documentation of data structure
- Derive insights from data to inform product and marketing decisions
- Work independently
- Help customers with fixing any problems they have (everyone at Cuvva helps out with support!)
We’re committed to ensuring that everyone has a fair chance to join Cuvva, whatever your background. We will always treat your application in a fair and equal manner.
- Knowledge of data modelling (understand the various database formats and where the value within them is derived)
- Significant experience with tools like R/MatLab/IBM SPSS/Python etc.
- A mathematical/statistical background with a fundamental understanding of mathematical problem-solving
- Understanding of engineering/product (app architecture etc.)
- SQL (preferably with JSON integration knowledge)
- AWS Redshift (only how to use, not how to manage)
N.B. You must have permission to work in the UK
As well as a competitive salary (£35-50k, dependent on experience) and equity-based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- working in our new (dog friendly 🐕❤️) office in Shoreditch
- monthly team outings
- personal development budget
- brand new MacBook Pro
- cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸