Lead Android Engineer
Insurance is the next big area within finance to get disrupted and we have been backed by some incredible VCs to take on one huge part of it.
Ever thought the premium you pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own platform to distribute insurance on mobile.
As a tech-driven company, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about borrowing a car.
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer who will lay the foundations for the next couple of years of the user-facing side of Cuvva’s platform. You will have experience building complex apps in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity, while leading other engineers at the same time. You care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term, with a track record of delivering solutions which support your team and product.
Cuvva as seen by our customers will be created and owned by you, managing the delivery of our user experience end-to-end. You will also regularly prototype new concepts and research new technology, with a view to incorporating it into our long term plans. You will put practices and infrastructure into place which will support and lead your team as it grows.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing practices and procedures for our use of Android platforms
- Laying the foundations for a codebase which will be in production for multiple years
- Bringing our new design concepts to realisation (let us know if you’d like a peek!)
- Collaborating with our platform team to spec out API requirements
- Working with our team to develop their skills
- Eventually building out a team of your own
- Helping customers and fixing any problems they have (everyone at Cuvva helps out with support)
Some background on us:
- A fiercely independent and self-driven approach
- 5+ years of leading mobile engineering at high-scale companies
- Played with Android since its early days
- Experience dealing with adapting tightly defined designs for responsive display
- More ideas than you know what to do with
- A strong understanding of tech startups and what it means to work in this environment
- We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural fit!
N.B. Must have permission to work in the UK
As well as a competitive salary (£50-70k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include working in our offices in Shoreditch and of course significant savings on your car insurance.