Android Developer (mid/senior)
Ever thought the premium you pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. We're using it to change the way people buy and use cover, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B. It's all about providing insurance that fits.
As a tech-driven company, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about borrowing a car.
We're a fintech startup with significant traction, sustaining 30% Month on Month growth. We’re seed-funded (£2.1m to date) and a Techstars alum. Hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves for the short and long term.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days) and we now have a subscription product that separates car ownership from driving. We are also looking to expand into different markets next year.
We are looking for a talented and motivated android developer who will raise our game and keep us on top. We have a generous share option scheme as we believe that everyone within the company should share in the success they help build.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer who will help us lay the foundations for the next couple of years of the user-facing side of Cuvva’s platform. You will have some experience building complex apps in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity. You care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term, with a track record of delivering solutions which support your team and product: Cuvva as seen by our customers will be created by you.
You will be responsible for:
- Bringing our new design concepts to realisation (let us know if you’d like a peek!)
- Collaborating with our platform team to spec out API requirements
- Helping customers and fixing any problems they have (everyone at Cuvva helps out with support)
We’re committed to ensuring that everyone has a fair chance to join Cuvva, whatever your background. We will always treat your application in a fair and equal manner.
- A fiercely independent and self-driven approach
- 3+ years' experience in Android dev
- Less is acceptable if you have commercial experience in other languages
- Played with Android since its early days
- Experience dealing with adapting tightly defined designs for responsive display
- We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically competent, but also a great cultural fit!
N.B. You must have permission to work in the UK
As well as a competitive salary (£50-70k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- working in our new (dog friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
- monthly team outings
- personal development budget
- brand new MacBook Pro
- cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸