Customer Operations Team Lead
At Cuvva we’re building insurance the way it should be. No more lengthy forms. No more waiting on hold. No more ‘computer says no’ attitude.
We’ve gone back to basics to build products that actually work for the customer. We are super focused on creating a friendly, simple and hassle-free customer experience. Don’t just take our word for it - check out our website (https://www.cuvva.com), click on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and chat to one of the team.
We get it. Insurance isn’t traditionally considered exciting. At Cuvva we’re changing insurance and we are looking for people who find that as exciting as we do.
We're building a diverse team and we welcome people with different types of experience and outlooks.You’ll really thrive at Cuvva if you have a ‘can do’ approach, are willing to try your hand at different things, have ideas and show initiative.
What are we looking for?
The Customer Operations (COps) team handle all interactions, tasks and processes that affect our customers. We want every member of the team to feel able to provide assistance, assurance and ultimately a solution in an empathetic manner. The team covers a 24/7 schedule, with many COps working predominantly remotely.
We’re looking for a team leader and someone with true competence and proven ability in managing a team of 6-8 people. This would ideally be an individual who has excelled in an operational capacity at a high-growth start-up or in a role of similarly fast pace. Confidence to work autonomously is important and we expect every action you take to follow the consideration of various options. You should always be able to justify your decision and if you lack sufficient knowledge or resources, you must be confident in pushing back.
Areas of focus:
- Ensure the team have the support and resources to produce satisfied customers through swift and informative assistance
- Provide guidance for the personal and professional development of your team
- Organise a schedule that balances the offerings of your team and the needs of our customers
- Help to build and enact scalable processes
- Train the team on ongoing changes
- Communicate important updates to the wider company
You’ll need to be:
- Transparent: you’ll be communicating constantly about what’s going on or changing but it’s also important to highlight any gaps in knowledge.
- Flexible: the nature of a young, tech company means frequent change so your ability to adapt is important
- Humble: You should be willing to take on all manners of work and be deemed approachable by your team. Collaboration and discussion allows everyone to learn from mistakes and successes.
- Empathetic: This has an impact on interactions with customers, your team or the wider company.
As well as a competitive salary, benefits at Cuvva include:
- Working in our (dog friendly 🐕❤️) office in Shoreditch
- A shiny MacBook
- Monthly team lunches and regular breakfasts
- Team socials including go-karting, escape rooms, comedy nights and movie nights
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Work-based Pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- Significant savings on your insurance 💸
Salary: £30-35k. Higher expectations will be considered but based on experience.