At Cuvva we’re building insurance the way it should be.
No more lengthy forms. No more waiting on hold. No more ‘computer says no’ attitude.
We’ve gone back to basics to build products that actually work for the customer.
We are super focused on creating a friendly, simple and hassle-free customer experience.
Don’t just take our word for it - check out our website (https://www.cuvva.com), click on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and chat to one of the team.
About the Cuvva team
We get it. Insurance isn’t traditionally considered exciting. At Cuvva we’re changing insurance and we are looking for people who find that as exciting as we do.
We're building a diverse team and we welcome people with different types of experience and outlooks.
You’ll really thrive at Cuvva if you have a ‘can do’ approach, are willing to try your hand at different things, have ideas and show initiative.
You will be making product improvements, as well as starting from scratch on new features across all platforms. You will be working with the product team to design stand out user journeys that create a magical experience for our customers. This means you will need to be empathetic towards them, as well as understand the problems they face and how they use the product. You will also work with the marketing team on complex marketing challenges as we get people to discover Cuvva.
You will design from conceptualisation through to shipping the product to our customers. You will prototype and test your designs both internally and with customers. The problems you will be solving will be platform-agnostic across iOS, Android and web as we work towards keeping the product fluid no matter the journey or use case.
Our product designs are built in Figma and we prototype them internally and with our users using Principle. Illustrations are created in illustrator and our animations are produced in After Effects to work with Lottie.
You are someone who is able to simplify complex problems down to simple, elegant solutions. You are excited at the prospect of working on creating a product used by 100,000’s of people. You have a critical eye for detail and spotting imperfections.
You are able to communicate effectively with engineers and product managers to ensure that all teams are aligned.
You are comfortable collaborating with other people on complex product challenges.
- A deep knowledge of Sketch / Figma
- Experience of building a design system is a plus!
- Experience in prototyping and/or motion design - We use Principle & AE ✨
- 2+ years work on mobile products including iOS & Android
- A deep understanding of and empathy for users and desire to create well-designed solutions for their use
- Experience working directly with the engineers that build your designs and how to hand-off efficiently.
- A strong knowledge of Apple's interface guidelines & Android’s Material design with an interest in design best-practises.
- A portfolio to show us your previous design decisions - A prototype to hand is helpful
As well as a competitive salary (£45-65k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Working in our dog friendly 🐕❤️offices in London
- Professional development budget
- Health and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- Workplace pension scheme
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Breakfast club on Fridays
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- Volunteer day off
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office ☕️
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday 🍻
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night) 🎤
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)