Ever thought the premium you pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. We're using it to change the way people buy and use cover, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B. It's all about providing insurance that fits.
As a tech-driven company, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about borrowing a car.
We're a well-funded Techstars alum with significant traction; hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves for the short and long term.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days) and we've just launched a new travel insurance product! We are also looking to expand into different markets next year.
We are looking for a talented and motivated infrastructure engineer who will raise our game and keep us on top. We have a generous share option scheme as we believe that everyone within the company should share in the success they help build.
We want to hire an Infrastructure Engineer to formalise our internal system practices, this includes automation and documentation. We intend for them to sit inside the product team and be responsible for maintaining our current infrastructure, continuous integration/delivery systems and plan and perform modernisation.
- Sit within product, support release of new features and products
- Will work with data engineer
- Take ownership of current deployment and testing platform
- Familiarity with containerisation and deployment thereof
- Experience with Go
- Experience with configuration management (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc)
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Knowledge of or experience with AWS (primarily EC2, Lambda and RDS)
- Familiar with DevOps methodologies and positioning
- Understanding of fundamental technologies such as TCP/IP and Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- History as a Software Engineer
As well as a competitive salary (£65-75k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- working in our new (dog friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
- monthly team outings
- personal development budget
- brand new MacBook Pro
- cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸