We're looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-growing team. We'd like someone passionate about creating good experiences in their products, with an eye for good design and clear copy.
You'll be responsible for overseeing a customer's entire experience of the product you're assigned to, from their initial contact (e.g. facebook adverts) through their onboarding and purchase, to post-purchase activities like contacting our customer support, working with other members of the team as applicable. You'll be expected to assist in making all these experiences feel as consistent and positive as possible, while ensuring we remain fully compliant and take care of customers at all times.
Ever thought the premium you pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. We're using it to change the way people buy and use cover, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B. It's all about providing insurance that fits.
As a tech-driven company, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about borrowing a car.
We're a well-funded Techstars alum with significant traction; hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves for the short and long term.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days) and we've just launched a new travel insurance product! We are also looking to expand into different markets next year.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Product Manager who will raise our game and keep us on top. We have a generous share option scheme as we believe that everyone within the company should share in the success they help build.
- Prioritise work for your team, considering the seriousness of any bugs, the importance of new features and UI tweaks, the resource constraints and planned work of the wider team, the company focus, and the wishes of senior management.
- Organise testing:
- Internal sessions for the whole company
- Sessions with externally-sourced participants
- Analyse findings and feed the results into prioritising your product team's work
- Organise and run meetings for your team, as well as any needed to liaise with other teams
- Actively partake in hiring members of your team
- Where applicable, collaborate with other departments (e.g. marketing, customer operations) on features, tweaks or bug fixes raised by or beneficial to them.
- Liaise and negotiate with external partners for any products you are overseeing
- Work with designer(s) on the UX of your product, focusing on high-quality and consistent UI and copy
- Communicate the activities and needs of your team with the wider company
- Lead collaborating with other teams as necessary
- Hold the members of your team to account for their work
- Experience in a startup or tech SME
- Demonstrable focus on building high-quality products with the user experience taking a high-priority, as a developer, designer, founder or similar
- Experience in a financially-regulated company
- Commercial fintech experience
As well as a competitive salary and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- working in our new (dog friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
- monthly team outings
- personal development budget
- brand new MacBook Pro
- cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸